Water research colleagues from Canadian and U.S. universities participated in a free, virtual, lunchtime Great Lakes Freshwater Symposium. Panelists discussed the impact of the recent U.S. Supreme Court’s decision on wetlands protections, scientific research, legal analysis and policy, and included an update on the upcoming EPA WOTUS Rule revisions.
- Erin Giese, Principal Investigator, Great Lakes Coastal Wetland Monitoring
- Veronica Hemrich, Policy Research Analyst, Prairie Research Institute, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Geoff Pociask, Wetlands Geology Section Head, Illinois State Geological Survey, Prairie Research Institute, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Melissa Scanlan, Director, Center for Water Policy, School of Freshwater Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Brian Wilm, Wetland Science Program Leader, Illinois Natural History Survey, Prairie Research Institute, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
This event is part of a series of quarterly water symposiums sponsored by the Freshwater Collaborative of Wisconsin and the Great Lakes Higher Education Consortium, which is powered by the Council of the Great Lakes Region. These events seek to encourage and advance collaborations, share science across borders, encourage students in research and career opportunities and present research that is solving real-world problems.