The Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Cities Initiative, a partner of the Council of the Great Lakes Region, had planned an extraordinarily special program to celebrate their 20th anniversary. The conference featured leading experts on municipal climate action and collaborative, hands-on activities that prepared you to take the next step to advance your city’s climate action.
Whether you have developed a comprehensive climate action plan or have only just begun your journey, you will leave this year’s AGM with a concrete approach to move your city’s climate action forward.
Attendees joined Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River mayors in the incredible City of Chicago to:
- Collaborate with mayors who face similar climate-related challenges
- Consult with world-renowned municipal climate planning experts
- Develop clear next steps to advance your city’s climate efforts
- Learn about opportunities for funding and additional technical support
- Identify strategies for navigating hurdles and roadblocks
- Showcase your city’s climate innovations
- Experience Chicago’s climate forward spaces through a tour of the City’s key sites